Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Find

On Fridays I'm going to do something a little different, it's called "Friday Find".  I'll be featuring a product, blog, website, or place that may or may not have to do with living green, but will definitely have to do with being cheap, ahem, "frugal".  This week I'm featuring your local public library.


The public library is definitely something that gets forgotten often.  I, myself, just got a library card in the last few months, and MAN am I kicking myself for not getting it sooner.  Besides the obvious, books, did you know you can most likely rent DVDs from the library?  Like movies and stuff, FOR FREE.  I have no idea why we ever spent money on Netflix.  I got hooked on True Blood over maternity leave with G and rented ALL 3 available seasons from the library.  I am currently eagerly awaiting season 4 :).  Not to mention movies like Mission Impossible, Avatar, and TONS of others that are out.  At my library you get the checkout for a week, and you can renew if no-one else is requesting the movie.  The library also has music CDs, and e-books for check-out to your Kindle/Nook/Ipad/etc.

Also, the library can be a great place to get out with your kiddos.  Most of them have storytime for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.  And ours even has family storytime for everyone to get involved.

This is definitely a GEM, FREE entertainment thru several mediums :).  Check the website for your city's library and take advantage of this fantastic benefit!

If you have a "Friday Find" you'd like me to feature, shoot me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment