Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

I'm turning into a crafty witch

Fall is my FAVORITE time of the year.  Not only does it (in theory) cool down, we were UNDER 100 today people! But all the holidays and festivities come.  Pumpkin Spice Lattes are at Starbucks, everybody's house smells like cinnamon and apples, and people are mostly in a good mood.  
This year, since I'm now home with the boys I'm even more excited about it.  I will have time to do crafty things with Zach for decorating the house, you know while balancing Gavin on my leg while he lunges for everything in sight to shove in his mouth, nice, relaxing, crafts.  So obviously with this baby/preschooler chaos I'm keeping the crafts simple.  This week we worked on a Halloween wreath for the front door, and some decorations for inside the house.  Both of which, could have been done in one afternoon if I was not juggling manic children.  

First up the wreath, you will laugh at how easy this is, and for once I did NOT get this from Pinterest, I thought it up in my own head mostly because I had a ton of googly eyeballs laying around.  Get yourself a 12 inch foam wreath from Jo-Ann's, do NOT forget your 50% off coupon from their app!. Pick up a spool of 1.5inch black ribbon while you're at it and a bag of googly eyeballs, don't waste money on those self-stick ones though, you have glue at home. That was the hard part, no joke.  

Now, wrap the wreath in the black ribbon, covering the foam and giving yourself a nice black base, like so:


Don't forget to give yourself some ribbon to hang it up with when you're done.  I had some orange ribbon from Gavin's crib bumper project, so I used that, attach that now, before you do the eyeballs.  

Now find your nearest 4 year old, they are qualified to handle this part.  Give them a bottle of glue and a bowl of googly eye balls.  Let them randomly place the googly eyeballs all over the wreath.  Trust me, a 4 year old will guarantee randomness.  When they are done, check it over for any glaring gaps, and fill those in yourself.  






Let the glue dry. Hang it on your door.  Enjoy your spoooooooky wreath :). Happy Halloween!!



Coming soon, a post on the inside decorations we made this week. What's your favorite part about this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment